Sunday, March 8, 2009

Irish Dinner Club and A Mad Tea Party!




We've had a great weekend! It kicked off with a quick, but delightful date night on Friday. Miss P had a ball with her paternal grandparents and cousins, bike riding, roller skating, Madagascar watching, and McDonald's eating. Meanwhile, my first 'date' was with my jobshare partner working on report cards until 7 p.m. Friday night. It was actually a treat to calmly talk and collaborate and think with my partner without any kids around. E got some work done at the same time. We met at home at 7:15ish, zipped across the street to Wahoo Fish Tacos for a quickie dinner, and then crossed the street again for the movie 'He's just not that into you.' Fun! I have to say, 13 years later, my husband is still as handsome and charming as ever. He has not changed! We l-o-v-e spending time together.

The next morning Miss P continued her adventures while I met some girlfriends for coffee, at Santana Row, which led to shopping. I didn't plan to get anything, but ended up with a fun wrap dress from H&M. That night, after picking up little P, we headed to our friends' house for the inaugural meeting of the Irish Dinner Club. Three families, lots of fun.


Maybe a little too much fun. We all overslept today, even the early risers, missing church and Sunday school. Ooops! I gave my fam breakfast in bed, and then they dropped me off at my Las Madres Playgroup's Annual Luncheon. This year's theme was a Mad Hatter Tea Party. They do a wonderful job of making everyone feel pampered and really just making the day an event. This year was our last luncheon as our kiddos are growing up and entering the world of elementary school next Fall. Only five of us made it this year, but we had a ball!

No comments: