Tuesday, March 10, 2009

12+ hour day

Disclaimer: snarky, bratty post below....

I'm already looking forward to my Starbucks tomorrow morning.....

I'm taking a break from my healthy eating regime. Will be back on it soon. Since returning to work after being sick, I've been kicking a^%, and my feet are feeling it. I can't even tell you some of the ridiculous things I put up with at work (I partly can't tell you because I'm not sure who is reading!) It's a little bizarre to me sometimes what others expect me to do. I just scratch my head. Even more bizarre to me is when others clearly don't do their share of the job, and aren't even sheepish or embarrassed about it (the way I would be if I fell short).

Tonight we had a family fun dance night at school. It was a lot of fun and went very well. I put the event on solo (the intention was not for it to be just me, but that's how it turned out.) Even my principal was joking about how I was the only one who knew what was going on. Huh?

Prior to the dance, I spent the afternoon with Miss P in my classroom. I never made it home between teaching and the dance night. Miss P was an angel, as always. Yet, I guess I was a little distracted with her there, or just tired, because as I feverishly worked on my report cards, I accidentally entered in all the math scores in the wrong trimester. There is no way to cut and paste. So tomorrow I will have to re-enter them all over again in the appropriate place.

Fast forward to my drive home after the dance night (where I set up, 'emceed', and taught dances). I'm looking forward to putting my feet up. I'm certain Miss P will be asleep. Everyone had asked me where Miss P was at the dance night and I explained that we like to get her to bed early. You know where this is going. I get home, and lo and behold, Miss P is fully dressed jumping around and E is standing in the bathroom, half dressed, surrounded by cleaning supplies.

Seems E decided that instead of sticking to Miss P's normal bedtime routine, he would let her stay up while he did laundry and cleaned the shower. He was about to put her to bed, when he remembered we are out of 'sleep diapers.' (While Miss P has been potty trained for almost two years, she is a heavy sleeper and wears a pull-up at night.) Miss P knows it is a big deal to be low on sleep diapers, so she always shouts dramatically, "There is only ONE SLEEP DIAPER LEFT!" Unfortunately, we made note of this news the other night, but did not heed it. So as I entered our abode, the family was preparing to head out to the store to purchase this item.

Fortunately (said with sarcasm), I arrived home, so E went solo, and I ended my 12+ hour work day reading That's what leprechauns do and The leprechaun in the basement.

It really wasn't a big deal. But can you see why I'm craving the junk food?

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Leprechaun books will do that to a woman.
Why on earth do they do family fun night on the same week as report cards? The last one was right after the walk-a-thon... interesting scheduling this year.
And I HATE it when they won't let you copy and paste. our work system does the same thing. DANG YOU {shaking fist at computer}