Sunday, November 6, 2011

mindful muffins

So. Yesterday, I made a quick stop at Trader Joe's. I'm waiting in line and practicing being mindful of my surroundings (eavesdropping), when I hear a couple of women talking about an item in the store they can't find. Suddenly one woman's face lights up in recognition as she points at an item displayed right next to the check stand. "There it is!" she squealed. She proceeded to tell me (and anyone else paying attention) that this pumpkin bread/muffin mix was like a visit from God. That was enough for me. What a perfect breakfast before Church Sunday morning!

Miss P and whipped them up last night, deciding to add some chocolate chips, (and frosting to some). They were quite yummy, and I like how versatile they are (like most muffins). They can be dressed up for dessert (pictured here) or pared down for a healthier breakfast or snack. I can't wait to try more varieties.

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

OMG I am running right over there to get this! Have you had their bacon? Smoked applewood fantasia! A must get!