Thursday, November 3, 2011

caprese, pleasey


What a week! Was Halloween really just a few days ago? There has been a whirlwind of activity on the school front, planning and voting on the dreaded upcoming furlough days (and bracing for the pay cut), and working on report cards. Tomorrow I am headed to a meeting to help plan for 'transitional kindergarten' next year. A whole new grade....because the state is overflowing with money for education. : ) Thank goodness they will have my experience and brainpower in the think tank.


What's a gal to do? This is when I find I really need my favorite comfort foods. A plain old turkey sandwich isn't going to cut it! I love a good caprese salad for a lunch at school. So easy. I try to go heavy on the cherry tomatoes and light on the mozzarella balls (which I quarter). Drizzle some balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and add in some torn basil leaves if you like. Voila! I like to pair this with a slice or two of plain wheat bread.

I understand that there are going to be a lot of administrators at the meeting tomorrow.....better start slicing!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Uh, yeah -- sure, do transitional Kindergarten, definitely don't give the K teachers less kids... oh, no. Don't do that.
REdiculous.
Move to AZ, k? :D