Friday, January 7, 2011

Daybreak with Dad


Our school does a mornings with dad event...it used to be 'Doughnuts with Dad,' but the health police stepped in, so now we have the clever 'Daybreak' with Dad title. E teaches an early class that day, but arranged for a friend to take over his teaching so he could be there. What a guy! I only barged in to take photos of them, and my students and their parents (some brought moms as their dads weren't available - good idea). One of the dads was quite pleased to see me, he informed me at 8:05 (school starts at 8:30, earliest drop off 8:20), that he needed to get to work and would like to leave his son with me...I 'convinced' him to stay.

In other 'news,' I am itching for a new fiction book. I am looking for something fairly light. Happy ending is a must! Any ideas?

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

That is so cute. Can't believe they wouldn't keep it as Doughnut day!

Hilary said...

OH, those crazy dads...

Llama said...

Awwwww! This is soo sweet! Geezeeee you can't do anything anymore in a school without someone complaining!

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

This makes me miss my little ones being in preschool! We had Doughnuts with Dad and as much as my husband traveled, he always marked his calendar for that it!