Thursday, December 30, 2010

My new friend!

This was a big post-Christmas gift to myself. The thing I didn't know I needed! Here's a fact about me. I can't make coffee for beans (get it? ha ha). Which is why I treat myself to Starbucks most days - yikes. The cost has been really adding up over the years....I was hesitant to buy myself a better coffee maker (we had el cheapo version) as I didn't trust myself NOT to end up back at Starbucks. Enter The Keurig. If you don't already know about this machine, it is goof proof. You purchase coffee to go with it that comes in pre-measured cups - just the right amount for one cup at a time. Fill up the water tank, insert the cup, and it brews it perfectly for you. Goof proof!

This bad boy contributes to a few of my resolutions and goals for 2011. My big goal of 2010 was to become a better cook. I made a list of about 25 mini goals that would help me reach this bigger overall goal. I didn't complete all 25, and I repeatedly lost interest and renewed interest throughout the year. But you know what? I am a better cook. Hooray! I am planning to continue my cooking quest in 2011, but now it feels like more of a habit/hobby, so it isn't part of my official 'list.' Without further 'ado,' here is the list:

1) Hit Starbucks for mochas only once or twice (at most) each week. Drink home coffee instead!
2) Stay on budget! (By reducing coffee habit and bringing lunch every day I can do this.)
3) Lose 15 pounds by June 1st. (Again, reducing mocha habit and eating healthier lunches from home)
4) Continue to give this blog a little revamp! (more on that to come).
5) Plan for a family vacation this summer.

What are your plans for 2011? I am excited about having a little New Year's party tomorrow night - post coming soon.

No comments: