Thursday, December 9, 2010

Life Changin' Chicken


So I read on another blog recently about a chicken recipe created by Ms. Ina Garten. The poster, like me, is or was not previously a big chicken fan. Too bland usually - she claimed. Until she discovered this recipe from Barefoot Contessa, which she calls life changing as she now loves chicken! I had the same feelings about chicken - I'm definitely a pasta girl - so I had to try this recipe. Need protein. I have to concur!! This chicken is the bomb!! Even Miss P, also a pasta girl dug it big time...can we have it tomorrow?

Barefoot Contessa Chicken

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

You will need: Bone-in Chicken Breasts with skin (I get the cage free kind and I think you should too)

Remove chicken breasts from package, wash, and pat dry. Use a very small amount (1 teaspoon) of olive oil for each chicken breast. Rub on both sides of chicken. Be careful NOT to drip oil on pan or use too much oil on chicken as you don't want the smoke and smell from burning oil.

Generously add salt (kosher or sea salt) and pepper (freshly ground) to BOTH sides of chicken breast. When I say generously, I really mean that. It gives the chicken lots of flavor and you have the option to discard the skin once the chicken is ready to eat.

Place on baking pan and cook for 45 minutes. (Remember each oven is different, so just check it until you get the hang of how your oven works for this recipe). Skin will be golden brown.

Remove pan from oven and let chicken rest under aluminum foil for at least 10 minutes. DO NOT TOUCH IT UNTIL IT RESTS.

Enjoy!

No comments: