Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I woke up this morning so feel of peace and joy. There has been a bit of illness, stress and just busyness surrounding us -- this morning it was just all gone. My favorite thing is to just have downtime with E and Miss P and that is exactly what we are doing for the first half of today. As usual, P was out of bed within minutes of my getting up (someone asked her recently what time she gets up in the morning, her answer: "As soon as mommy does.") Often I admit that I slightly cringe, just wishing for a few more minutes to get organized. Today, I looked at her sparkly blue eyes and felt even happier than I had moments earlier.

We hit Star*ucks, breakfasted, and perused the Black Friday sale ads. P has me so entertained lately with her musings and questions. Today: "Why do the baristas shout the drinks when they are ready?" We headed back home in time for the Macy*s parade. I really enjoy it every year - especially the musicals. To keep P engaged, as she does not share the same affection for the morning chatter and balloons on TV, I found an 'alphabet sticker workbook' -- which had been hiding for a year in the coloring books tub. I'll be darned, but she actually likes it, and clamored to do 4 pages.

In a bit, I'll start my last two dozen apple dumplings for later today. We are due to see the in-laws in about three hours. I'm looking forward to connecting with family and am hoping to get everyone organized for a game of charades. (Or possibly to leave the babes later on at home with the grands, and head out with the sibs to see Four Christmases. We'll see!)

Tomorrow I'll be heading out to Tarjay early for Black Friday. After that, we may head to the park, maybe hook up with my mom or friends for lunch or dinner, and see a holiday flick.

I spoke to my mom this morning and she said she feels more in the spirit than usual, and she thinks its something to do with emphasis on meaning this holiday, instead of materialism. How's that for a silver lining in these economic times? Have a wonderful holiday!

No comments: