Thursday, November 20, 2008

Holiday Card 2008

I thought about including this Halloween photo in our Christmas card....

Or this doozy, (of me in P's preschool class), gotta love the 'teacher face'....

But we went with this instead!

I don't love the ideas of 'studio' photos. I've always wanted to get a photographer to take some more natural photos of us, outside, etc. And I actually know a couple! Maybe that will be our route next year Anyway, after trying to find enough 'in focus' shots of the three of us, that didn't include random people, etc, in the background, we took the easy way out and headed to our local Picture People . We were partly motivated to get some nice shots of the Miss P in her flower girl dress (since we failed at the actual wedding). The card turned out great! (Better in 'real life') And you know what, we ended up getting such a great deal - not only was it the same price as my Kodak Gallery card mock-up, we had the actual cards in hand a couple of hours after the session. Instant gratification....
How is your card quest going?

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Adorable! I actually think the Picture people are a great route (I also like Kiddie Kandids). Of course, it's a crap shoot if your photographers any good/nice but usually it works out.

The 5 Bickies said...

You are finished! Your card is so beautiful. We have the cards in a bag in the basement...no photo, no adressing, no nothing. Hmmm...