Friday, November 7, 2008

Hooray for girlfriends!

Had a 'Surprise around the corner' this morning. Was barely awake when greeted by the ring of the telephone, meaning either 1) a work call, 2) emergency, or 3) a cheerful invitation from my fantastic (early rising) girlfriend. It was the latter! My dear friend A was up organizing breakfast, her hub had taken #1 son to school, and with 'just two' boys underfoot she thought it was a great opportunity to have us over for a quick impromptu date before #2's afternoon preschool. Miss P and I had been snuggling in bed. I was out late last night having an (always) glorious girls' evening. You know the mood I was in yesterday, my 'aunt' is in town, and dear Miss P is 'experimenting' with testing the limits, all which were not particularly helpful. Last night was renewing, and I had awoken determined to make today a wonderful day. I was aware that I've been letting other areas of my life (work, social engagements, desire for clean home) crowd my playtime with P and was determined to spend the day having fun with her.

Anyway, after I hung up, we quickly showered, dressed and grabbed some scones to contribute to the breakfast feast and finally made it by 9:00 a.m. The photo above shows Miss P with her friend M (A's #2 son - and exactly Miss P's age and 'lifelong friend.') Photo was not taken today but shows their bond! Anyway, A's #3 son was sleeping, so we had a relaxing breakfast of banana pancakes, bacon, scones and fruit. This girl rocks - let me tell you. A very rare friend - always generous, gracious, thoughtful, positive, and makes everyone feel comfortable.

Afterward we head to the Discovery Museum and then grocery-shopped. The day had a good balance of fun, together time, and getting things done.

I adore E and Miss P and they are my favorites to spend a day with, but there is just nothing like girlfriends! I have some of the greatest!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Girlfriends are an essential part of maintaining one's sanity :) or hiding one's insanity...

Hilary said...

Mmm... breakfast with friends. I should do that. Except it's full of carbs. {sigh} Perhaps some lovely steak and cheese with friends. :)