Monday, December 22, 2008

Guitar Hero

Miss P last night at a friend's house....
P at a craft party

I'm back!

OK, I'm going to toot my horn and share a few things I'm proud of from the past few weeks...

~We have managed to really teach P the point of the Christmas. She has been talking about Jesus fairly often, and her goal to be like him. She gets that Christmas is Jesus' birthday and a celebration of God's love for us.

~We've been working on giving. P used her piggy bank money to buy a gift from the giving tree. We also dropped off some icognito treats.

~ I created 'Gratitude Boxes' for the teachers at P's preschool. I got the idea from an Oprah episode on simple, meaningful gifts. I printed out 'thank you note' templates from her website on cardstock and included them with a note explaining the project in the 'sign-in/sign-out' book. Parents put the completed notes in a box in the office. Then, at the holiday party I snagged parents as they arrived and ended up with several more notes that shared what parents and/or kids appreciated about the particular teachers. I then sorted the notes into boxes I had purchased from Target and added bows and nametags. I almost didn't do it, and I've been kind of pressed for time. I'm so glad I did though. So often I have a great idea, but then not the time or follow through to actually do it the way I envision. I got a call this morning from one of the teachers thanking me - I was so glad it meant something to her.

~I've done some beautiful wrapping this year! Wish I had a picture. Cards were mailed early, and shopping is nearly done. And we've stayed close to our budget.

I am out tonight with some girlfriends for a quick mom's night out. Then we are out every other night this week at some celebration. Today is supposed to be a day of cleaning and catch up; there has been some of that, but a lot of relaxing too. Since that can be tough for me, I'm kind of proud of that too!

2 comments:

The 5 Bickies said...

Welcome back! That's an impressive list...good job! Enjoy your holiday.

Sandra said...

Yay for you on all accounts!! Merry, Merry Christmas!!