Saturday, October 18, 2008

On my own time

So a girlfriend was kind enough to forward some pictures from our girls' weekend which was....sigh....last weekend. There I am on the end in the white sweater. The wine wife (husband and wife winery team) posed us 'gals' for the picture with the refrain 'glasses at the hips ladies, glasses at the hips!'

I was fortunate to have the weekend away! Last night, as I snuck in a bit of computer time as Miss P readied for bed and E was doing somethingorother, he announced to me that I needed to hop off the computer to assist her and return 'on my own time.' Just to confirm, I asked him, 'when is my own time?' Response: 'Early in the morning before P and I are awake.' Just checking. Guess what, I hauled my happy arse up extra early this a.m. with visions of coffee, my tivo'd Starter Wife, and computer in my head. Within 15ish minutes the telltale patter of little feet exuberantly greeted me. As soon as my feet hit the floor, an alarm sounds in her room saying it's 'go time' for her. So now she is Dragon Tale-ing it up. Love, love love the fam. Love my own time. : )

(Have to add: He's really a great guy! And I have nothing to complain about, I'll be meeting a friend for lunch today to celebrate her birthday)

1 comment:

Sandra said...

What fun that had to be! We all need those moments that take us back... :)