Monday, June 6, 2011

Goodbye 2010/11 School Year!

This topsy-turvy school year is oh-va! I was blessed with two awesome student teachers this year who loved the kids as much as me, and who were great sources of support and inspiration. Above is #2.

My class is/was full of so many special students. I am excited for their future journeys. My big goal this summer is to get my classroom more organized. I also want to revise units in every subject area, yet I know I shouldn't get too ambitious. Maybe just reading, math and science? O.K., reading and math.

Miss P had a fabulous school year. I was most proud of her for growing in confidence and for her energy and excitement for learning. Learning to read was another huge achievement. Here she is on a zoo field trip with her BFF!

E chaperoned the trip and lived to tell the tale!

I am so excited to spend my summer having fun with my little gal. P and I were chatting about summer plans over breakfast. She wanted to know how we could make it the best summer ever. She would really like to go to Disneyland, or on some kind of vacation, which we won't be doing this summer. (And also to have a lot of play-dates, which we will be doing!) I told her a lot would have to do with our attitude. Enjoying and making the most of our experiences. Because life is what you make it!

No comments: