Monday, May 31, 2010

On the town...



I had two very different nights of culture recently!
The other Friday, we had a 'couples night out,' and six of us traveled to Berkeley for an 'awthors reeading.' Two authors in fact - Ayelet Waldman and Micheal Chabon. Ayelet has written some fun 'mommy mysteries' and then some deeper fiction. Her current book is a series of essays titled Bad Mother. Husband Micheal Chabon is a pulitizer prize winner and has his own series of essays out that E is currently reading. They were a darling couple in person and it was just kind of an interesting night.

Last Thursday I broke away from my work, as did E, and he took the 'P baton' while I met my girlfriends for opening night of Sex and the City 2. Now, I know its been panned a bit in the press, but we loved it! For the original movie we all got dressed up and had drinks. This time around, we couldn't get it together and just showed up in our comfiest clothes and gorged on sweets. Fun night! One of my favorite lines from the movie...Samantha, who is going into menopause, comments that her new vitamin regime is 'tricking her body into thinking it is younger.' Miranda quips that she is 'tricking her body into thinking it is thinner. Spanx!'

No comments: