Friday, July 17, 2009

Hooray....it's here!

I'm an avid reader. Not a Oprah Book Club member, though. Sadly, you won't see me reading Edgar Sawtelle anytime soon. I'm of the Sophie Kinsella genre, the Nicholas Sparks style, a Kate Jacobs reader and a big fan of Jane Porter.

Jane Porter is an author who does two types of novels: bodice ripper Harlequin style romances, and 'women's literature,' - basically chick lit. I have read 3 out of four of her women's lit and have loved them! These books speak to you. (At least they did for me!) Some chick lit authors, like Jane Green or Madeline Wickham, tend to focus on ensemble pieces, where you experience different points of view and then all the characters come together. In Porter's novels, you live and breathe the protagonist. You get inside her mind and soul. She is a very emotional writer whose books really reverberated through me. Odd Mom Out and Mrs. Perfect particularly (don't let the light names fool you!)

Anyway, her newest book arrived in the mail today and I can't wait to dive into it!
Me + good book + cozy spot + yummy bev= BLISS!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'll have to look for books by Jane Porter. Thanks for the recommendation!