Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Who needs calgon when you've got these girls?

Things are still hectic, but I have to take a minute to give a shout out to my garden state girls! The 90-minute season premiere of NJ Housewives was on last night, and I loved every minute. Now that Bethenny has her own show these Housewives are perhaps my new favorite of the franchise. OK, naturally I'm having a few laughs at their expense. But what I like about this group is their emphasis on family. They are all related somehow, and instead of running off to glitzy premiers, they hang out at each others houses or at the park with the kids. (Only their houses are 100 times bigger than mine and their clothes a 100 times more expensive.) And the drama last night....even E was stopped in his footsteps as he passed by the TV and saw the breakdown at christening. It was like something out of the Godfather, with the fighting, son crying to his dad, all the Italian. As E stood there, rapt, of course he said, "I can't believe your watching this. Wait, who is that? How are they related? What happened to him?"

Mazel Tov, Ladies! Can't wait 'til next week!

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

That was one wild first episode!!!