Monday, May 9, 2011

A Sporty Mother's Day...


(above, E, P and cousins on Saturday, May 7)

This year on Mother's Day I willingly got up at 7:00 a.m. Why??? I was running in Palo Alto's Run with the Bulls Mother's Day Run. (Again, you ask - Why??) : )
I wanted to do something active and a family-oriented 5K seemed to be just the ticket.


While I ran (felt great by the way) Miss P enjoyed a free kids training clinic led by the coaches of a local kids running club"The Jackrabbits." She practiced the long jump, the discus, sprinting and other exercises. I finished in time to pick up a fun activity for my class from their workout. Speaking of my time....when we first arrived I was a bit intimidated by all of the professional looking runners in their fancy running wear, with cool gear, and pre-race rituals underway.
I ended up placing 299 out of 365. I wasn't last! : ) And my dear Miss P who ran a 200 meter later on against kiddos in the jack rabbits club (check out the stance of those other girls - serious runners) wasn't last either! I am ready to sign up for my next 5K and improve my time.

We came home and I took a long shower and leisured in bed reading. I did invite the family to my retreat for a mother's day movie on the Hallmark channel.

Hope you had a great mother's day too! I am excited to celebrate with my mom this Friday night. : )

No comments: