Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to School and Ballet





Today was my first contracted day of the 2009-10 school year! And my first day as a full-time teacher in 5 years. I've been in and out for the past week, but now they've got me! It's already been crazy with changes and issues. I wish I could say more!

I will have a student teacher from Stanford this Fall, and am also thinking of starting a blog for the classroom. I considered making it private, but then I thought some parents might have trouble accepting invites, and I assume they would then have to get a google account to log on? So now I'm thinking I will send home a questionnaire to each family to determine who is OK with me including their child's picture and/or first name on the blog. Thought it would be fun for families to see pics of their kids along with a story about what they were doing/learning. (And pretty easy for me). If no one is OK with pictures, I can at least share anecdotes that I might not have a chance to share in conversation.

Monday and Tuesday, Miss P palled around with E and I in our classrooms, and we tried to make it pleasurable. She had her final dance class and we had a couple of quick playdates. I really see a lot value in Ballet, for its focus on coordination and balance. Unfortunately, P says she isn't interested in continuing (although she seems to really enjoy the class while she is doing it). Fortunately, she would like to resume swimming lessons. (We like that, because swim lessons are at the 'Y' and mom can get two guaranteed workouts a week!) P enjoyed today at Grandma's where she feasted on 'pull-aparts' (a breakfast sweet) and McDonald's for lunch along with her cousin. She will have more of the same tomorrow, and then will be in the company of our good friends on Friday. With two working parents, I always feel relieved to have just one to shlepp around (I mean that in the most loving way possible.)

OK, back to work for me!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Seems like everyone I talk to in the district (except for my washington open...) has crazy changes. Booo to our state.
Enjoy being back at school without little faces checking your every move. :)
Oh, and Miss D did a clasroom blog, and so did Miss M... I don't think parents checked it often, if at all (except me). FYI.