Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Fall

Good Lord, it's Pumpkin Scone time at Starbucks again. Had my first of the season this morning; is tomorrow too soon for another? Dee-lish!
Here are some other things I'm excited about this Fall....
School! As a teacher, you'd think that I'd be still in mourning for summer, but you know, I was actually ready to be back last week. Weirdo that I am, being busy accomplishing things, and having structure and routine really work for me. I love having the balance of three days working (I jobshare), and then four days off. The days off feel like dreams! During the summer, when each day is off, I start to feel a bit in a rut. During the school year, I love working hard, and then feeling like I'm earning my laziness on my off days with Miss P, sipping some 'bucks and going to the park.
Holidays! I'm a big holiday nerd, and my favorites are all in the Fall/Winter: Halloween, Thanksging and Christmas. Miss P's fav is Halloween. Around here, the Halloween 'Spirit' stores have billboards along the main streets advertising their wares. It's a big black and white sign with a ghoul. P loved it last year, we would purposely take routes that would lead us pass the Spirit Ghoul. I love Thanksgiving because it is so much fun to teach; we have a big feast and parade at school, and of course there is the whole gratitude concept. Finally, Christmas - no brainer. I'm a total shmaltz, crying at commercials, etc., I totally eat up all the Christmas rituals - from decorating to teaching P about the story and true meaning.
Cozy times! Where we live, we don't really have weather, but it does get chillier and eventually rainy. I love bundling up and and watching a movie, sipping coffee or hot chocolate while the rain falls. I love the sound and visual of rain (while watching safely/warmly from my perch on the couch.) And of course I dig a comfy sweater, pea coat, and scarf.
New TV Season! What to do when braindead on a weeknight? In late Fall, never fear, some good TV is sure to be near!
What do you love about Fall???

1 comment:

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

I agree! Love the fall weather and most importantly the FOOD!!