Saturday, August 30, 2008

What do you think of Sarah Palin???

What an interesting race! While I am passionate about our country, I admit I am not as
knowledgeable about the issues and the candidates as I'd like to be - I am working on this. Quoting Obama, I find this woman compelling. I think she was probably a smart choice for McCain (although I hear he has only met her once? Seems kind of bizarre.) Like many women (and people in general), I am looking for someone to relate to. Someone new, energetic, passionate, dynamic. Why must all the the power go to an older, white gentlemen year after year after year? Thank goodness this election the race has included some variety in gender and race.

One thing I am mulling over is how one balances being an effective parent to five children, including a special needs infant, and running for v.p. Parenting one special needs child is a full-time job in my eyes. Parenting a small brood of children is a full-time job in my eyes.
Not saying it can't be balanced, there are different ways to do things. But just
curious about it. Again, I know if it were a man with five children, including a special needs
infant, that would likely not be a consideration. Perhaps Mr. Palin is going to step up and
be full-time dad?

Anyway, congratulations to Sarah Palin on getting the nod. I'm really curious to hear others' thoughts on her and the race in general.

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

Not loving her, as you can read on my blog. for the very reasons you're saying. Too much going on in that family for her to do the job properly. Isn't there any other qualified woman? I think there probably is!