Thursday, September 25, 2008

New way of looking at things...


I think I'm pretty 'Type B.' However, I tend to have very high standards for my life. Like I want everything to be perfect. Always searching for 'leaks and cracks' (as the self-help authors would say) and blowing them out of proportion.

Today I had an epiphany. If something as small as fighting with my husband about driving (I'm a scaredy cat and am always stepping on my imaginary break through curves, hills and hectic highways) is my biggest problem -- how freaking lucky am I??

With the number of people dealing with deaths, divorces, children with serious challenges, major illnesses, and crippling financial woes --- how lucky am I to have the time and luxury to needle over small things?

Now, when I find myself bothered over some minor wrinkle, I will be thankful. Thankful that my 'problem bank' is clearly so vacant that it needs to 'reach' for material.

So bring on the itty bitty issues! I'm ready with a greatful heart.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Sometimes after a bad day at work (and I mean really bad) I look at my kids and wonder how I get to be lucky, and some people don't.
Life's a crap shoot, you've always gotta remember that. :)
BTW, I don't live in our school neighborhood -- we live in the Bowers neighborhoods. We could NEVER afford ponderosa prices. :)

The Mrs. said...

It's so hard to keep that perspective isn't it? Then you see or hear something awful and you just are so thankful for your life!