Saturday, August 23, 2008

B-U-S-Y!

My goodness, how much can we pack in? Seems to be our current theme. It's like we are on some kind of game show. Or, reality TV show, 'in this episode, the family will attend a shower, a birthday party, and complete several home projects within 24 hours.' Seriously.

I guess the whole craziness started last Saturday. We packed up and headed for a beach camping trip with 3 other families. Fun! I'm basically a 'cabin camping' gal, but was up for the challenge. Fortunately, our more rustic friends lent us the tent and trappings and after some research and planning we were set to go. We all had a blast! It was just an overnighter, and so on Sunday we left and drove, no, not home but about an hour and a half up to Lafayette where my brother and sister-in-law live, to a party for E's visiting maternal grandma - here from Texas. Yes, we were fresh from camping, unshowered and all. Lovely. But it was the one chance to visit her, so we had to make the haul. I always am happy to see the fam - it was a good time.

We finally headed home that night and the next day we all headed off back to school. P went to the summer program at preschool, while E and I worked in our classrooms. My teaching partner and I have a student teacher - sweetheart - and we met her, and got rolling. Both Mon and Tues, I took P over to daddy's classroom after she stuck her big toe in at preschool and I got a smidge done in my room. We helped fancy up E's high school English room, which was a bit bland. It is so cool that P is old enough now to help out, and actually allow us to get something done. She was wiping tables, while I papered his walls. E was so thankful; I think he has thanked me every day. Wednesday through Friday were mandatory full work days filled with long meetings and hours in the classroom for all of us. Meanwhile, we still had not unpacked camping or done laundry and pretty much did take-out and/or quickie dinners each night. Friday night we ran errands. This morning, I was so disgusted with the house that I finally lit a fire under our collective a##%@, and began cleaning. Couple of rooms down. Then, P and I had more errands, then attended a wedding shower (she'll be the flower girl), while E went to work. From there we went to a friend's 4th bday party - construction theme - painting houses, pretend wrecking ball knocking over cardboard blocks - total blast. Now tomorrow morning is P's own 4th birthday, which will be a pajama party. Thank God, not at home, but at the local kids place. Whew! Tonight I'm hoping for a little downtime chitchat with E.....if he's still awake!

No comments: