Sunday, August 12, 2012

Family Day

Exhibit A: Grumpy me.



Exhibit B: Happy me!
(Am I brave to willingly post a large version of this picture?) : ) I'll go with confident.

We had a much needed family day at Golfland/Water Slides.  Lately, it's been all about the back to work countdown of big time cleaning, doctors visits, and fixing the many appliances that have broken this summer.  Something had to give! After a morning run and coffee with a friend, my threesome made our virgin voyage to the water slides. (Cooper enjoyed the afternoon at home in his air conditioned lounge). It was in the 90's and the heat felt particularly brutal.  Somehow the slides were not crowded and we climbed the hill again and again sharing stories of how we closed our eyes on the last slide, went super fast, or went backwards. Anything all three of us love to do is such a winner. Note: only one other adult was on the slides besides Ed and I. ?? After 90 minutes I was dizzy and dehydrated and begging off.  When the other two finished a half hour later, I also begged off the mini-golf. Still high 90's! Instead we changed and headed to the mall to buy new school shoes and dine at the Cheesecake factory.

Tonight we are planning some dvr viewing. Such a perfect day! Rejuvenated again!

No comments: