Tuesday, January 31, 2012

super sandwich!



I'm still chasing my tail, but I'm at least taking breaks to cook meals again. (I have not taken a break to improve photography skills.) 'Sandwiched' between all the craziness, Ed and I had that date a couple of weeks ago which inclued a bike ride to a wine bar. There, I had a delicious panini, which I've recreated with some success above.


Grilled Goat Cheese and Salami sandwich


ingredients:

rye or sourdough bread

goat cheese

salami

butter


steps:

Lightly butter both sides of the bread and toast on a griddle. When lightly toasted, set aside and spread desired amount of goat cheese. Add salami. Assemble sandwhich, put back on griddle, and cook a little longer. Press down a bit on both sides of sandwhich with spatula as you cook.


I find this sandwich goes well with a sliced apple. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I hadn't thought of putting goat cheese on a sandwich, but it sounds o good... I even have some from Costco...