Monday, October 17, 2011

the family that shops together....



I was a little hesitant when Ed offered to go grocery shopping...

Usually when he goes, he comes home with this:



I may be a Whole Foods girl, but I'm also a 'no-extras-only-what's-on-the-list girl.' (this does not apply to magazines). Chips and cookies are rarely on the list. Anyway, we decided to do a fun jaunt to the store together.


There was some dividing and conquering initially. Then I discovered the bulk bins during my quest for wheat berries. I've certainly seen the bulk bins before, but it was like a mysterious aisle. Why should I grab a plastic baggie and buy from a bin, instead of what appears to be the same items already packaged a few rows over? I sampled a few cereals (fruit juice sweetened cornflakes and brown rice krispies) along with different varieties of granola. I found some cornflakes that had only four ingredients and 2 grams of sugar. They were delish, and they found their way into my cart. When do you ever get to sample cereal before selecting??

Somehow, these still found there way into our cart...

Baby steps!

No comments: