Sunday, February 8, 2009

Should I be offended?

So, I'm at Starbucks this a.m. (Miss P is going to church with grandparents, so I took the morning off) and the barista thoughtfully remarks to me:

"You almost need a new purse" (as she squints at my green and khaki bag above, which often sparked random compliments in it's 'heyday').

Granted, I have been hard on this bag. I out loud agree with the barista wholeheartedly. Then, at the end of the conversation, she says again, "Yes, you definitely need a new purse." Ok, I got it!

Is that kind of weird? Is it like saying, "you may need to touch up your hair color." "Yep... I definitely see some gray."

I know she has college aged kids (and not that I look like a college aged kid, but I may look youngish to her). Anyway, I'm taking it as a motherly nudge. (I can definitely see my mom saying this to me.) I'm also thinking she did me a favor. Who knows how many people may have thought the same thing...

1 comment:

Sandra said...

But really, would you say that to someone? The only person I would say something like that to is my PD and that would be the signal that we - meaning I am paying - are going shopping to get you a new purse!! So ask her when you and she are going shopping for her to purchase your new purse! hehe xoxo