Friday, January 30, 2009

The Real Housewives of .....Santa Clara?


Last night we celebrated a good friend's 40th birthday here. This is a girlfriend who used to teach with me, and left to relocate with her hubby to AZ a few years ago (she is visiting this week). She has since left teaching and recently published her first book Writing Above Standard with Scholastic. We are so proud of her. She just received the first copy of the book, hot off the presses, one day before her 40th - what a gift, what a milestone!
While we enjoyed good conversation, food and wine, the subject of botox came up. The gals in our group ranged in age from early 30's to early 50's (?) Who had done botox, how much it cost, how long it lasts, and how it felt were discussed. I have to say it is tempting! I don't really feel I have the money to spend on it at this point - but maybe when I'm 40! Might be a good gift. Until then, I will be more careful to use my night creams and wear sunglasses. When did I start getting old?

1 comment:

3 Peanuts said...

Oh you are not old---I am OLD! I have never doe anything like that...what did they think? Does it work?

Kim