Sunday, February 8, 2009

The family that bikes together...







For Christmas Miss P got a bike. She has been quite tenative about riding it. I think we have focused a lot on indoor pursuits, and she just has not developed a love for
the great outdoors and active play. She had a fall early on, and with the winter weather being a deterrent at times, not a lot of biking has happened.
I have actually had to make an incentive chart (something I don't do much of), and have tried various different approaches: always empathetic to her fears, sometimes pushing her a little, trying to take her mind off her fears as she rides, and reading books about characters riding bikes. We even had one of my brother-in-laws hook us up with some cruiser bikes so we could all ride together. I love my bike and am having sooo much fun with it!
We had a bit of a breakthrough yesterday, so I'm excited. As you can see from the photos she had a fall (actually a couple) and realized she was 'OK.' I know it may continue to be slow progress, but I am hopeful that we will have many fun family rides ahead! Go P!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Look how cute she is riding that bike!! Such a doll - just like her moma! She will love her bike :-)