Monday, January 5, 2009

Ahhh....TV

Tonight I'm looking forward to tuning in to the newest Bachelor, followed by 'The City' on MTV. I have also tivo'd Oprah, and am looking forward to watching her 'Best Life' series this week. I love opportunities to just chill after a day of hard work - it's so satisfying. Over the holiday break, I was soooo lazy. Just got into a zone and couldn't get going. When I think of the things I could have accomplished with some discipline!

Oh well, school definitely gets my arse back in gear. Miss P and I were up and at 'em early in order to arrive on campus at 8:00 a.m. The preschool director called me mid-morning as I led a math lesson, to say that P missed me, and could I swing by at some point? Due to rain we were kept in at recess, so my first opportunity was lunch, and the miss was mostly fine by then. Had a pretty great, easy day with my kiddos and left on time!

One of my detailed goals/resolutions for work this year is time-managmement oriented and I had a plan in place to leave school by 3:30, zip home and exercise outside in the courtyard while Miss P ran around and (hopefully) worked on riding her bike. However, I forgot to fill E in on this plan. On Mondays, I take her to school, while he picks her up (and I usually stay in my classroom, toiling away, making sure everything is just so). As I greeted my darling P with a big hug at half past 3, suddenly this handsome guy strolls into the preschool classroom. OOps! Guess I forgot to clue him in on my plan. It was great to arrive home early as a family and get a jump on the evening.

Back to this evening, I love 'The City' starring Whitney. There has just been two episodes, but I like the NY vibe, and enjoy Whitney. I'm glad to be back in the groove of getting stuff done, and am looking forward to finding some little projects to work on while I get my pop culture fix. Anyone else watching?

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

I am watching and doing Bachelor recaps each week!