Sunday, April 7, 2013

Welcome to the blog party!

Ultimate Blog Party 2013
I love a party as much as the next person, especially one that I don't have to clean up after. So with that, I'm joining the Ultimate Blog Party Hop!

My blog is Life is What You Make it.  My title is inspired by the positive outlook I try to have about life.  I'm someone who likes to see the best in others and I'm a big fan of dreams and goals.


I have taught Kindergarten for 12 years and each day brings groans,laughter and sometimes mini-miracles as I navigate my 30 five and six year olds through reading, writing, math and play.
 





Each evening I go home to my bf husband of 13 years, E, my terrific 8 year old daughter, 'Miss P,' and our sweet 4 year old Pug, 'Cooper.'

After a  full day of teaching 30 little ones ('look at the first letter and make the sound,' 'sit down,' 'it's turn and talk, not turn and touch,') I love to indulge with HGTV, Real Housewives, books, chocolate, magazines, and of course, blogs. I also try to relieve stress by being goofy, laughing with my family, and occasionally running.

I'm hoping to meet some new blog friends!  Thanks for stopping by.
   

11 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi there! I found you via the party and am so glad I did. Lovely into. I aspire to be a kindergarten teacher as well! And just like you I try to always be positive in hope it will rub off on everyone I encounter. Have a wonderful day!

Courtney said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower :)

Maria said...

Well...you've got one new friend:)
I am glad I found your blog! I love your introduction and I think your blog is lovely. I love the pictures of your family. I am a teacher myself. I work with younger kids as well as at a mid school orchestra program where I have about 60 students. Having a long day after seeing lots of students resonates with me:)

Best of luck and I hope we can stay in touch!

Maria
www.musicteachingandparenting.com

Maria said...

Well...you've got one new friend:)
I am glad I found your blog! I love your introduction and I think your blog is lovely. I love the pictures of your family. I am a teacher myself. I work with younger kids as well as at a mid school orchestra program where I have about 60 students. Having a long day after seeing lots of students resonates with me:)

Best of luck and I hope we can stay in touch!

Maria
www.musicteachingandparenting.com

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Hi Jen! I'm visiting from the party. I enjoyed your introduction and your tagline - why not make it fun! I agree! My mom has taught kindergarten for twenty years; I don't know how you two do it! Just managing my own kids seems like a huge job. I cannot imagine an extra 28 or so! :) Best to you!

The Mrs. said...

Hi! Been a while since I checked in on you but glad you are doing well! You're blessed!

Coffee Lovin' Mom said...

hi Jen! I also have an 8 year old daughter and love that you are a kindergarten teacher. I taught pre-school for a few years there, I don't know if I would have survived 12!

Elizabeth said...

Hi!! New follower here, I found you on the UBP13! I have an 8 yr old daughter as well. And I have MAJOR respect for a teacher!...Your blog is absolutely amazing! I am a new blogger and hope you can come by and follow me at www.mybutterflyhaus.blogspot.com!

parentwin said...

All the respect in the world for Kindergarten teachers, wow. I have two four year olds and that is ENOUGH. Phew! Here from the party and following! Hope you'll visit my page, too! http://www.parentwin.com/2013/04/ultimate-blog-party-2013.html

Carmen said...

Lovely to meet you! I have enjoyed the UBP as well as it is a great opportunity to network and learn. I am also a runner, and usually take all the kids with me. Pushing 60 pounds of twins up the hill really adds to that workout! I also love the wind on my face and the fresh air and sunshine. It's great to connect

Katie @ Team Skelley said...

Hello! It is nice to meet you! Thanks for the comment at the blog--let's be friends. :D I have been practicing my friendship bracelets this weekend, but I warn you that I seem to have lost that talent in age. Love the blog--newest follower, via bloglovin!