Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Open House

My labor of love..(one of them)...last week's Open House for my kindergarten class. I have had such a fabulous year with this group of students. Our class is chock-full of community, with students taking care of each other when someone is sad, inside jokes (like, I often pretend to faint whenever someone says something so incredibly smart, or finally gives that perfect response), our love for Mo Willems books, and so many other things. 

Tonight  is Kindergarten orientation for the new group. I am excited to meet the new little guys, but I have to tell you, I am going to be in major mourning for this year's group. I am being dragged kicking and screaming to the last day of school (Can I retain all of them??) : )

Back to what your are seeing here....this is the first year I had them list ways they solved math problems. It's simple, but I like how it turned out.

And what about the way 'Room 2 reads'? They 'ask questions,' 'make connections,' and 'practice very much.' Love it!

Sigh. Guess I have to let them go to first grade.

No comments: