Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines 2011


Had a blast getting our valentines together this weekend. I do not like the little cheapie folded type that you get from the store - but no judge (would've been a heck of a lot easier, that's for sure)! Our first round with Miss P's we did Superbowl Sunday, but our original concept did not quite work out. Our second go at it was above. Think they came out cute. Her class mascot is the 'dragonflies.'

For my students, I got these books from Target's $1 aisle. I know they are not the highest quality literature, but my, do my boys love transformers! We are doing information writing and talking a lot about 'facts,' - some of these books are fact books about the transformers.
I wish there had been a better choice book for the girls, but again, at least it is something they can keep and do something with. Our class mascot is bears. I love books!

My class valentine's party was surprisingly CALM, organized, and pleasant. At home, we had a really fun valentine's day, with donuts and gifts for breakfast, and playing at home last night. Hope you had a nice one too!

No comments: