Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bit better

Who is this handsome man? I'll get to that in a second. First off, thanks to those people who emailed me and offered a listening ear (and to Hillary, my lone commenter!) I now have hope that my chances to stay at my school and in my grade level are a little better. Things are still rough on the school front though. Many of our schools in the district are rumored to have to lose 7 or so teachers. I feel a lot of concern for the kids. The population is getting tougher, the standards remain high, and now we'll have more kids and less staff next year.

On a fun note, I've had some nights out recently! We had a girlfriend night to see the cute and predictable Leap Year (I never mind a predictable movie if I know it is going to be fun and happy!) Then last night E and I tried to be cool and went to Straits for drinks, apps, and dancing. Shortly after sitting down in the 'lounge' area, E spotted Andre Carter of the Washington Redskins. The Redskins are E's favorite team. He's loved them since he was a kid in the 80's, and for his 40th birthday wants to go to Wash to see them play. Anyway "Andre" was chilling with his wife, enjoying some appetizers right across from us. E introduced himself and we even got a picture of the two of them. He and his wife were very friendly. I think they live in Santana Row in the off season. The Row, incidentally, is a great place to see sports figures. My girlfriend has actually spotted Andre before at Club One, and during hockey season, teams playing the Sharks, stay at the Hotel Valencia and can be seen hanging out at Starbucks. Close as we can get here to celebrities!!!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

How fun! And how nice for hubby that they are "nice". xoxo

Hilary said...

Yeah, I think Don Callejon is losing a LOT of kids. Have they firmed up who's most likely going yet? Drew has yet to get a seniority slip. Maybe they're not doing it at the HS.
Who knows...