Tuesday, September 13, 2011

After school snack - banana bread


I do a thing with my kindergartners that just cracks them up. Whenever one of them solves a challenging math equation or completes some other amazing feat (like sitting perfectly quiet), I faint. The kids go crazy.

On Friday afternoon, after school, I literally collapsed.

Into bed that is. I was suffering from a migraine and 'female issues.' I slept for two hours!

But not before I hosted a play-date and baked Banana Chocolate Chip bread with Miss P and her sweet little friend. Recipe adapted from The Family Kitchen by Debra Ponzek.

Ingredients
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with butter.

Whisk together oil and sugar in large bowl. Add bananas and eggs and mix well with spoon.

In another large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk well, and then add banana mixture. Stir in milk and vanilla. Fold in chocolate chips.

Pour batter into greased loaf pans. Bake about 65 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!

No comments: