Thursday, July 29, 2010

Good advice

There are so many little tidbits I've wanted to post lately that I never get around to.....

here is one...

I tend to worry a lot about something going wrong..."what if this happens, what if that..." I don't talk about it much. Mostly just to E in vulnerable moments. Miss P has inherited this and can sometimes be quite dramatic. Every time we try to get her out for a bike ride, for instance, she goes ballistic. She is seriously afraid of getting hurt. However, within 10 minutes (or less) of riding, she is at ease, singing and happy. (And she has made great progress!)

Anyway - the other day she was bending my ear with her 'what if's' about an upcoming event. I don't think she was truly worried. If anything, I felt like she was kind of just in the mood to bug me. : ) Anyway, after humoring her for a bit, I told her, "we can't plan for every possible situation. All we can do is trust that we are smart enough to handle what does come up." I realized later what great advice that is for myself!!

No comments: