Saturday, June 12, 2010

Last week of school

As usual, the last week was full of pomp and circumstance. This year it was even more sweet for a couple of reasons. One, my OWN daughter graduated, and two, this was my first year back as a full-time teacher after five years of being part-time. I always thought that I made good connections with my class, even when being part-time, but it does seem more intense this year. I find myself already missing the kids.

Here's just a few highlights from my dual role this week as mom and teacher

First, below are the gifts I gave to my awesome volunteers - the baskets have a lemonade pitcher, lemons, lemonade mix, lemonade glasses, and a magazine.


Miss P at the end of year concert. She introduced the song, 5 Little Butterflies.
With buddy Max. Friends since birth.
With dad and grandma
My class, including my two student teachers from 2009 and 2010.
Graduation! "I'm a first grader!"


Happy Summer!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Those baskets look GREAT!
Have a great summer! I think I'm off towards the end of this week, but I need to do some OR classes so, who really knows. :)

The Mrs. said...

You must be so proud and great gift baskets!!!