Sunday, May 31, 2009

Monterey Girls' Weekend

I'm still in catch-up mode! May 16th our mom's group had it's third 'Weekend Away.' Naturally, I've been to all three. : ) We've done SF, wine tasting (in Livermore - ended up being cheaper than staying home!), and finally, this time the beach at Monterey. I'm still emptying the sand out of my purse!
We had a fab time hanging out at the beach, dining at Bubba Gumps and spontaneously hitting a karoake bar. Let me tell you, the peeps at Cannery Row Pizzeria and Karaoke are professionals, with choreographed routines. It was quite entertaining. I conned some members of our group into singing Mama Mia. I thought we sounded pretty good, although you can see from the concentration on my face that we did not have our dance moves down, nor were we slinging the mic around with ease. Whatevs! : )

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, we know that before you ever go back, you wonderful, cool moms will have a choreographed routine!! ;-) Glad you had fun!!

The Mrs. said...

I need to do some Kareoke asap. I mean it is straight up hysterical!