Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th! Today we are heading to a friend's bbq and pool party. It is an annual event that I don't think we've missed in the 10 years it has been happening. It started as a get-together of my husband's friends from high school and has grown to inlcude many others and has evolved as people have gotten married and had children. Very family friendly, which I like. My husband looks so forward to it every year and loves to close the party down. The lemon bars my little one and I made are cooling as we speak.
Tomorrow we are heading to another friend's bash. They live near their local fairgrounds and are having a 'horse race' themed party. It begins with a civilized brunch and ends with a wild time at the fairgrounds, with the dads betting on the horses. So we are definitely gearing up for a busy couple of days!
As my blog is new, the other day I was curious about other blogs that might share its same name. I found one with a very inspiring message. The key point is to live with intention. Wake up every day and plan how you will feel that day. In everything you do, focus on your intention. I've been trying it and it has been really working. Here is the link: http://www.karlblog.com/blog/2007/04/intention-sets-direction.html
Continuing on the positive thinking note, I just picked up The Last Lecture. I've only had a chance to thumb through it, but what a book. I'm sure you've heard of the former Carnegie Mellon professor and the famous speech he created for his children and has now performed multiple (?) times, including on Oprah. It can be found on youtube at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo if you haven't seen it, you must watch it!
Have a wonderful holiday everyone! God Bless America.

No comments: