Monday, January 21, 2013

Sweet Potato Fries

I heart sweet potato fries. The good news - I just learned how easy they are to replicate at home. The bad news - I just learned how easy they are to replicate at home!

Even worse - I've learned how to make the yummy maple dipping sauce first introduced to me at the restaurant Yard House. Sounds weird, right? Don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

Recipe modified from The Carb Lovers Diet Cookbook

Sweet Potato Fries!

ingredients
1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed and dried, cut into long, 1/2 thick wedges

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

directions

preheat oven to 400.  Toss potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.  Roast 40 minutes tossing once.

Maple Mayo dipping sauce for Sweet Potato Fries (from food.com)

ingredients
1/2 cup mayo
1/8 cup pure maple syrup
1 1/4 tablespoon brown sugar

directions
Mix all ingredients together
Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes
Serve with fries!

I think this has Superbowl Snack written all over it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are delicious!! I am baking some right now, yummy.